PBL has an immediate opening for a Bioanalytical Scientist. As a member of the PBL bioanalytical team, you will play a vital role in working with clients to provide support across a number of bioanalytical testing platforms that includes test sample stability, functional tests, and PK/ADA from both preclinical and clinical studies. You will lead efforts in the development and validation of analytical/bioanalytical methods for detection, identification, and quantification of both drug substances and drug product of large molecules. The successful candidate will develop and validate ELISA, MSD, potency assays, and other Ligand Binding Assays (LBA). Additional responsibilities include reviewing SOPs, method validation and stability studies, raw data, results summaries, and final reports.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Leading efforts associated with the development and validation of ELISA, MSD, and other LBA methods for detection, identification, and quantification of both drug substances and drug products of large molecule products based on client needs
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert in bioanalytical technology communicating with clients in managing technical expectations for their projects
- Preparing reports of analysis, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures for internal and external use
- Reviewing of data for technical content and regulatory compliance
- Remaining current with the appropriate literature and champions the implementation of new technology
- Maintaining a safe and orderly laboratory and insurance of compliance with all safety policies and practices
- A Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or related field with 0-2 years of experience. Advanced degree candidates will also be considered
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or related field with 2-10 years of experience
- A solid understanding of bioanalytical procedures/assays
- Candidates with supervisory experience strongly encouraged to apply
- Local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) are desired and will be given priority
- Experience in the operation, minor maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment highly desired
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be highly motivated and capable of working independently to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Prior experience/knowledge of GMP/GLP procedures would be a plus
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.