BIOANALYTICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
PBL has an immediate opening for a full time Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in the Analytical Services Department to support analytical and bioanalytical testing. This position will report to the Director, Bioanalytical Services. Candidates with cGMP experience are strongly encouraged to apply. The Research Associate/Senior Research Associate is expected to develop, validate, and implement a variety of GMP/GLP analytical /bioanalytical studies including ELISA, MSD-ECLA, SDS-PAGE, Spectroscopy, HPLC, and other similar test methods. Relevant experience working on PK and/or ADA testing is a plus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Playing an active role in the development and validation of GMP/GLP methods including ELISA, MSD-ECLA, SDS-PAGE, Spectroscopy, and HPLC
- Performing laboratory testing to support Analytical Services workflow in accordance with Client/Sponsor deadlines/timelines
- Performing QC review of data for technical content and regulatory compliance
- Preparation of Client/Sponsor reports, Methods, and/or Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensuring analytical/bioanalytical equipment is maintained in good working order that includes troubleshooting and performing minor repairs, as needed
- Must have previous biochemistry laboratory experience
- ELISA and other ligand binding assay experience highly desired
- Must be a motivated individual capable of working in a fast-paced environment to produce high quality and timely results
- Must be able to effectively operate in an evolving complex and dynamic environment
- Must be able to work with persons of diverse background
- Must be able to understand Client/Sponsor needs and build relationships as required to meet their goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and laboratory-based data and quality management systems
- A Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or related field with 2+ years of experience, or,
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or related field with 3-4 years of experience
- Candidates with a strong understanding of bioanalytical procedures strongly preferred
- Local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) are desired and will be given priority
- Experience in the operation, minor maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment highly desired
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.