CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
Pacific BioLabs has an immediate opening for a Client Account Manager. The Client Account Manager will be familiar with client information and the functions of the testing departments, including an understanding of the study designs used in department specific testing. Client and marketing activities may include database management, client correspondence, and price quotations. The Client Account Manager will be responsible for assisting in the training and supervision of other newly hired Client Account Manager. The position of The Client Account Manager presents the employee with an opportunity to play a leading role in the ongoing success of PBL’s testing services and client retention. The Client Account Manager reports to the Client Services Manager.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CLIENTS
- Provide non-binding estimates and formal quotes to potential and active clients
- Follow-up on prospects and quotes with clients via phone and e-mail.
- Ensure that all prospect and client requests for information pertaining to PBL services are met promptly and efficiently (e.g. technical testing information and sample submission process).
- Maintain and develop key accounts.
- Report all service complaints (Client Dissatisfactions) and solve client issues (as needed).
- Assist in the invoicing and billing process
- Deliver highest level of customer service to promote client retention.
INTERNAL SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform sample verification process at sample receipt per PBL SOPs
- Perform department log-in and prepare study files according to regulatory treatment and PBL SOPs
- Collect information from clients and disseminate it internally to testing department in order to drive timely quote delivery and efficient preparation for testing.
- Process and send samples out for subcontracted work when applicable
- Function as the main point of contact to facilitate the completion of MSAs, NDAs, and SOWs.
- Track status of testing department studies (project management) for timelines (study completion) and client communications.
- Perform (as needed) word processing in support of Protocol generation for testing department studies.
- Four-year undergraduate degree (e.g. B.S. or comparable), with 3+ years experience in a client-facing role preferred; degree in a relevant field (e.g. life sciences) is a bonus.
- Must be proficient with computer database software (e.g. MS Office).
- Must be proficient in typing.
- Intellectual Aptitude/Critical Thinking Skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills; must be able to prioritize diverse tasks.
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills; must be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner.
- Must be detail oriented; able to detect minor discrepancies in study related documents.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the technical aspects of the testing performed by the testing department.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to communicate complex ideas in easily understandable terms. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with people when necessary.
- Professional telephone manner essential.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Must be able to work well with others and function as part of a team.
- Must be able to work with persons of diverse background.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
- Job requires mobile use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day.
- Must be capable of spending up to three hours at a time on the telephone.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.