PBL has an immediate opening for a full time Laboratory Technician in the Microbiology Department. The Laboratory Technician will report to Microbiology Management and will contribute to general laboratory testing, sample management, and laboratory maintenance. Primary responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following: Laboratory housekeeping tasks, collecting and processing laboratory test samples, perform equipment preventive maintenance, perform cleanroom preparation and maintenance, media preparation, environmental monitoring, maintenance of departmental logbooks and testing guidelines in accordance with SOPs and cGMP regulations. The Laboratory Technician is expected to participate with the team to meet Microbiology Department goals and perform routine laboratory duties as directed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Ensuring laboratories are clean and safe (in compliance with cGMP) and properly stocked.
- Performing regular inventory of reagents, consumables and materials.
- Cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment such as glassware, freezers, hoods, incubators and water baths.
- Performing dry goods and liquid media autoclave sterilization cycles.
- Maintaining overall laboratory organization that facilitates Study Director/Analyst ability to complete testing deliverables that includes sample preparation, QC data review, database entry and filing.
- Performing water and critical utility sample collection.
- Performing based laboratory testing such as TOC, Conductivity, HPC and pH.
- Performing Environmental Monitoring.
- Media preparation.
- Additional responsibilities related to job function.
- An undergraduate degree in a science-related field (e.g., Microbiology, Biological Sciences).
- Relevant experience may substitute for an undergraduate degree.
- Basic scientific knowledge demonstrated by previous coursework, and/or prior work experience in a scientific/laboratory setting.
- Local candidates (San Francisco Bay Area) preferred.
- cGMP/GLP experience is a strong plus.
- Must be able to effectively operate in an evolving complex and dynamic environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment with attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written direction.
- Must be able to work with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends and holidays when required.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.
Apply for this position via email to Careers@PacificBioLabs.com