MSD Assays – Rapid & Sensitive
With the MESO QuickPlex SQ 120 instrument this instrument, PBL can develop and validate single or multiplex MSD assays for a range of analytes in complex sample matrices such as serum, plasma, urine, sputum and cell culture mixtures. The MSD platform can help develop assays with minute sample amounts and low variability between multiple sample runs. MSD assays can be used for a variety of applications – from immunogenicity to pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and biomarker analysis.
Technology behind MSD
The rapid read-times and sensitivity of MSD assays are powered by a combination of electrochemiluminescence (ECL) and MSD’s proprietary MULTI-ARRAY and MULTI-SPOT technology. Electrochemiluminescence assays (ECLA) use labels called SULFO-TAGs. When electricity is applied to high voltage carbon electrodes located at the bottom of MULTI-ARRAY and MULTI-SPOT plates, the SULFO-TAGs are stimulated and emit light.
The bioanalytical team at PBL has extensive experience in method development and validation for both preclinical and clinical trials using several techniques including ELISA. We bring the same expertise to MSD’s ECL assays. With MSD’s QuickPlex, the PBL team can help clients develop ECLA assays with increased dynamic range and sensitivity while using less sample amount and reagents. We can also multiplex assays on this instrument. Based on your project needs, we can choose from a wide variety of commercially available assay kits (V-PLEX, U-PLEX, R-PLEX), components and reagents to develop the most suitable assay for you.
Analytes Available for MSD
- Proinflammatory agents
- Nab Assays
- Biomarker Analysis
- Infectious Disease
Instrumentation and Platforms Available
- MesoScale Discovery (MSD) QuickPlex SQ 120
- Instrumentation Details
Read More About MSD Assays
- PBL’s Learning Center – Meso Scale Discovery -MSD
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD Multiplexing
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD used for Immunogenicity Assays and Nab Assays
- PBL’s Learning Center – Cell Based Assays Using MSD
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD used for Biomarker Analysis
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD used for PK and PD studies
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD for Product Development and Release Testing
- PBL’s Learning Center – MSD to Assess Toxic Affects
- PBL’s Learning Center – Large Molecule Bioanalysis