Pacific BioLabs would like to reassure its clients that we are continuing core operations at the moment and continue to support them in the development of their medical devices and therapeutics. You may have heard of the six-county Shelter in Place Order imposed on the Bay Area on March 17. Furthermore on March 19, a state-wide order was issued mandating all Californians to shelter in place. As part of the healthcare product supply chain, PBL is technically exempt from the order.
We are committed to working with our clients and working hard to deliver client reports on time. We would kindly ask clients to inform their Client Account Manager about expected testing workflow over the next 2 weeks so we can ensure the appropriate resources and staff.
We recognize that the health and safety of our employees and clients are paramount and hence we have taken the following measures:
- We have set up a business continuity plan to minimize impact on our clients’ studies.
- We are trying to maximize the amount of work that employees can do from home and minimize the number of employees on site at any given time.
- We have limited all non-essential travel to what is absolutely necessary. We are hosting all client audits, client meetings and internal meetings remotely.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection in our facility and are emphasizing good hygiene within our organization (washing hands frequently, covering face with a tissue while coughing or sneezing).
- We are also encouraging employees showing any symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath to stay home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Client Account Manager or use our contact form. There may be some communication delays but please be assured our staff are checking their emails and voicemail daily.
We thank you for your cooperation and for using the services of Pacific BioLabs. Please stay healthy!