On 21 January 2020, Pacific BioLabs received unconditional approval for continuance of our ISO 17025:2017 accreditation, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories, as a result of a surveillance audit by ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB). The assessor found zero observations of non-conformance at the close of the audit.
The scope for PBL’s 17025 accreditation includes:
· Biocompatibility Testing
· Chemical Characterization by ISO 10993-18
· Cleaning and Disinfection Validation
· Cytotoxicity Testing
· LAL Bacterial Endotoxin Testing
· Antimicrobial Effectiveness Tests
· Sterility and Sterility Assurance
· Microbial Enumeration Testing for Specified Microorganisms
· Chemical tests including Conductivity and Total Organic Carbon
Continued process improvement is crucial to PBL’s mission to be The Service Leader in Life Science Testing, and continuing to be certified for ISO 17025 is an example of PBL’s dedication to improving service and quality to PBL clients. The scope of accreditation is affirmed in the public domain on the ANAB website and can be found here.